Champlain Library Opens for No-Contact Pickup
We are pleased to announce that the library will be open for No-Contact Pickup starting Wednesday, May 20th. For the time being, hours will be 1 pm – 5 pm Tuesday through Friday. Deliveries to home bound individuals can be arranged upon request.
To request items, you can:
- See which items are currently available by going to our website, bc-cl.ca, and viewing the Catalogue.
- Log in to your account with your library card number. Please check that the items you request are “available;” you will see a green circle and check mark showing they are in the library. You can then reserve your items on your card online.
- If you prefer to email your requests, please send them to email@example.com. The library reserves the right to make substitutions for similar books if those that you request are unavailable. In addition to your requests, we require that you provide your library card number, address and a contact phone number.
- You can fill in the form below. (one form per library patron)
- You can also call the library between 9-12 at (613) 678-2216.
Patrons can request specific items, a particular author, genre or age range and we will do everything we can to meet the request. Checkouts limit is 10 items.
When your items are ready, we will arrange a specific pick-up time. You can drive up to the curb and give us a call and we will bring the books out to you. Remain in your car and show your library card. If you can open your trunk we will put the books in the trunk otherwise we will leave them for you to pick up.
Rest assured that we are taking all precautions we can, and we hope you are too. Please be patient with us (and yourself!) as we all navigate this “new normal.”
The outdoor book drop is open for your book returns. Please be aware that any items that are returned will be quarantined for 72 hours, so don’t be concerned if you return something but it doesn’t come off your account for a few days.
We look forward to being able to serve the community in whatever way we can, as safely as possible. Please, stay safe and stay healthy.
The Champlain Library Staff.