What are interlibrary loans?
Interlibrary loans (ILLOs) are items borrowed from other libraries in Ontario. If we cannot provide an item from our own collection, we can request to borrow it from another library system. Any library member in good standing can use the ILLO service.
Due to recent changes to the delivery of ILLOs, there is a cost to libraries associated with using the ILLO service. This cost comes out of the Library budget. Patrons are encouraged to also consider finding comparable titles from our collections or to use the request to purchase form.
How to request an Interlibrary Loan
- Do not request titles that we already own. Always search and use our own catalogue first.
- A maximum of four (4) simultaneous ILLO requests are permitted at a time.
- Requested items must be two (2) years or older.
- Only request titles that include an ISBN in their records.
- Fee for not picking up an ILL order is $5.00